l s

Friday, October 14, 2005

Blockbusters

The December "Artist's Sketchbook" magazine includes interviews of three artists (including me) concerning the Perfect Creative Day. Couldn't have been more timely for me. I'm still not sure there is such a thing.

Time flies when you're waiting for the plumber. Or not. Wednesday morning I listened to the snake crawling down our vent to open up a clogged kitchen sink--to no avail. Waited all afternoon and into the evening till he called at 9:30 p.m. to say he would come right over. No, I don't think so. Thursday morning they showed up and finally got the job done. Later that evening my husband noticed there was water on the floor of the furnace room, seeping into the family room carpet at the baseboards, possibly a backup from the backup. No way to get a plumber before the weekend. Oh, well.

Clogbusting got me thinking about blockbusting for artists. I absolutely can't work with people running in and out of the house, even with the knowledge that they are going to be leaving sooner or later (usually later). The thought of being interrupted repeatedly during creative work drives me nuts, so I don't even start. I do filing, sharpening pencils, check-writing and other non-art tasks, but I hate it when I lose a day or more waiting for home repairs to get done.

Speaking of blockbusters, I should go to the article on my web site and follow my own good advice.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home