l s

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Ohio spiderwort


When we first moved to this house thirty-eight years ago, my little quarter-acre woods was carpeted with Ohio spiderwort. As the honeysuckle and garlic-mustard spread, the spiderwort disappeared. I removed most of those pests in 2002 and to my delight, one lone spiderwort bloomed that year. I almost missed it because it was at the base of a tree and I couldn't see it from the house. A couple of years later another popped up, also hidden from casual view. Imagine my delight as I sat on the patio this afternoon, looking out over the woods, and saw two bright spots of purple. I walked down the path and found two new volunteer spiderwort plants. So cool!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Wow who's not reading this blog?
Nita, I think i just ordered your book about pouring? I'm mostly an oil painter but I love watecolor and have had some success with it.
I think I got here through marion boddy-evans aboutPainting site. So glad I stopped by.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

Thanks for stopping by. You probably ordered Nita Engle's book on pouring. It's a good one.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home