l s

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Watercolor class hiatus

Yesterday I was in the neighborhood of Hithergreen Center, where I teach my Monday watercolor class, which is currently out of session. In the past the center has generously permitted students to use the classroom during downtime, so I always remind them at the last class that they can keep on coming on Mondays and paint together. I couldn't resist stopping by to see if anyone had appeared. Eight people--half the class--were there, painting, chatting and enjoying each other's company. This is one of the best groups I've had in years. Not only are they more motivated, but they learn from each other and show genuine interest in each other's work. Their critiques are supportive and helpful. I miss them when class isn't in session, but I'll admit it was nice just to visit awhile and not have to present a lesson.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home