l s

Monday, May 08, 2006

Watercolor pouring stage two

Well, I finally got around to doing a second pouring on my little shooting star--actually, two more. The first pour is shown at left. For the second pour I spritzed the painting with water and poured thin colors over the entire painting, which then had two layers of mask on the lighter areas. For the third (shown at right), several days later, I poured mostly blues, with some reds to enhance the violets a bit. Then I dried the painting thoroughly and removed the mask. I was afraid it might bond to the paper if I left it on any longer. This is a downside to pouring if you can't get into your studio every day. Another is--I hate the hard edges of the mask. I did some brushwork to get a feel for what's happening in the painting. I don't know where it's going next. My photo has a black background, but I hate to lose all that glow back there. The flower has a long way to go before it will hold its own. I need to do some more masking and pouring. Stay tuned.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger aafan said...

Beautiful! I love your demonstrations! Can't wait to see what you do next.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Susan Borgas said...

Nita I have been waiting for this posting as I love what you have done before. Looking forward to the next installment.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

I'll try to get this one finished this week before my watercolor class shuts down for four weeks. Thanks for your comments.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home