l s

Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Book Signing

At last it all came together. I didn't have the red shoes called for in Annette's comment below, but the ones I wore worked better with the outfit. The Little Artist helped Grammy get dressed and loved the twirly skirt. Fashion matters aside, the event was a huge success, I think. I got to Books & Co. about twenty minutes before seven and the seats were nearly all taken--25-30 people. They went back repeatedly for more chairs. By the time we began, the seats were filled and people were standing in the aisles. Sharon Kelly Roth, who runs the book-signings, estimated about eighty people were there. I gave a brief talk, then the artists began signing their pictures in the books while I signed at center stage. They had such a good time gabbing with each other. My good friend Virginia brought a bouquet of roses for the signing table. Leonard and Angela helped set up the flip-easel for my talk and Virginia passed out the nametags with the artist's name and picture from the book (with page number) to make signing easier. Renee introduced me--she has been there for most of my book-signings and does such a conscientious job. The audience was filled with artists, current and past students, friends, relatives--and a lot of people I didn't know--who all seemed very receptive to the occasion. It was wonderful. Thanks to all who came to celebrate the publication of The New Creative Artist with me. I'll share photos tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Annette Bush said...

Sounds like a fabulous afternoon for all!

I did a little shopping yesterday and didn't look at a single pair of red shoes. I did look at a couple of art books, but left them on the shelves in favor of yours as my next purchase. AAB

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home