l s

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Slumber party play-back

Jenna's overnight at Grammy's was a huge success. We went to the library after she got here and picked out six books. She brought a backpack full of soft toys and one dollie to meet her toys at Grammy's house and to sleep with. She was very impressed with the fact that Mommy's "old" bedroom was now "Jenna's room." She flopped back on the bed and sighed. Ever the Drama Queen. She danced along with the TV and sang all the words to most of the songs on the video she brought. At bedtime Granddaddy sat on the floor and read her a story about dancing princesses and she danced throughout the entire story. By this time we were winding down and she was still dancing. I finally lulled her to sleep with a quiet story. She had asked me to sleep with her and I told her I'd stay until she fell asleep, then I'd go to my room--but when she started to drift off, she said, "You can go now, Grammy. Close the door, please." However, a split second after I closed the door, she shouted, "Grammy!" I went back in and she said, "I'm just practicing." This happened two or three times, then all was quiet and she slept through the night. Yesterday she kept saying, "This is fun!" and I thought she was probably trying to convince herself. However, she never asked for her parents to come. In the morning she said, "Can we do this again some time?" So, it seems a good time was had by all. I think her parents didn't sleep a wink.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Himes said...

Congratulations on your first sleepover. My grandchildren live too far to do one night overnights, but I've had the older ones stay for a week at a time. It's exhausting, but fun.

Michelle

8:57 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

I'm sure there will be many more times here and some for longer so her parents can get away together now and then. I had lots of ideas to keep her busy, but she kept herself occupied most of the time. I'll have to save them for another visit. I just wish I had remembered to take some pictures of her snuggled in the bed with all her soft toys around her.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home