l s

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The labeling project

I've pretty much finished with labeling the posts on my blog. It wasn't that hard, as I've just been on fifteen months and had only 345 posts. As others have said, it's hard to decide what terms to use to make the labels useful. After I made the first pass, I went back and reviewed the labels that only had one or two references. I combined those with others that are more frequently used. I figure the reader can pull up a generic term like "art mediums" and then search the results for "oil pastels," "oil paint," "colored pencils," etc. "Watercolor" has a category to itself, as do other subjects I've mentioned several times. I managed to cut down my original label list to around 70 terms. I think it's pretty functional. Has anyone made any interesting discoveries using this tool?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home