l s

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

E-friends

While I was in Dallas I had dinner one evening with Cheryl McClure and Robin Walker, two artists I've known through email for many years. Both are members of the Paint-L group, which I've belonged to for a long time. I can't remember exactly when I joined. It might have been as early as 1994, but 1996 at the latest. We've all grown by leaps and bounds since then. Both Cheryl and Robin have established successful careers as painters. Cheryl's large abstracts are in galleries and hang in corporate settings and homes. Robin does a lot of business in originals, multiples and photography on a grand scale. I've had three books published since 1998. I met both briefly on two other occasions. Cheryl stopped by for lunch in 1996 when I was teaching at the Barnwell Center in Shreveport, Louisiana. Robin took a few minutes out of her very busy day to visit my creativity workshop in Dallas last October. It's wonderful to have an opportunity to meet these and other e-friends face to face. We had a great time and lots of laughs.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home