l s

Monday, April 16, 2007

Family pride

Is it okay if I brag about some of my family today? It's my blog, I can brag if I want to, I guess. My daughter, Kathleen L. Norman has just been notified that she won the Erma Bombeck international writing contest in the human interest category for writers outside the Dayton area. Scroll down to read her brief bio and the judge's comments. Read her essay, "Gravity".

Our middle son is a coach for the University of Denver Pioneers gymnastics team. Last weekend they placed second in their regional meet to qualify for the national competition in Utah the last weekend in April. The win puts them among the top twelve in the nation.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

Very touching story your daughter wrote, Nita.
Robin

11:44 AM  
Blogger CMC said...

I know you're proud of them, Nita....and you should be.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Annette Bush said...

Nita
I love it when an artist shares some of their joyous family moments. It part of what makes us who we are as artists -- not mentioning something we're proud of about family makes it seem as if the studio is a vacuum.

Brag on!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You can brag all you want.

your daughter's story is touching. Excellent writer.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home