l s

Saturday, June 23, 2007

New digital camera

Well, I did it. I've been reading reviews to a fair-thee-well and when I talked to my camera guy, Paul, at Fairborn Camera, he recommended the Nikon D40X for my purposes. There are far grander digital cameras, but they are mostly far heavier (and more $$$) and I can't handle much more than this camera with its 18-55 zoom--although I also sprang for the 55-200, because I have been dying for a longer telescopic range than I can get with my beloved Canon G6. All the wonderfulness of the D40X includes 10 MP for art reproductions, instant shots, instead of the digital delay, and in the longer zoom lens, image stabilization. It's heavier than the G-6, but I'll be using it with a tripod in the studio to record my artwork for the new book. I'm going to take tomorrow off and learn to use it. It's my birthday, and I can play if I want to.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tally said...

Have fun with your new Nikon and enjoy your birthday! If not then, when is a better time for playing.

Kind of I envy you for a DSLR but right now I think of going smaller than my fantastic G3.

Hello from Hamburg
:-Tally-:

1:52 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

Tally--
I love the G series Canon cameras.
They are the best of all possible worlds for someone wishing for a pro digital camera and a small-size point and shoot. But I went smaller, too, before I bought this D40X. Two years ago I got a pocket-sized Nikon 7900, now discontinued. It has been replaced by some great cameras that are way less expensive. I keep the 7900 in my purse and never miss a shot. This new camera will start out more as a studio camera for photographing artwork for reproduction. It's more like my older film cameras in size, but not quite so heavy, except with the tele-zoom lens on it. How nice to have birthday greetings from Hamburg! Thanks.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Ruth Steinfatt said...

We are both Cancerians.. :) my birthday is in a few days too.

I am in the market for a new camera and I will looking into this Nikon.

Enjoy your day!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Nita...and many, many more!

Great news about your camera. Isn't it fun when we can give ourselves a present? :)

Pat

12:52 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

good for you Nita! I'm on my third Nikon, and I'm really happy with them. Congrats! Robin

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home