l s

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring is elusive this year

I can't honestly remember any year that we didn't have daffodils blooming before the end of March. Unless we have a few warmer days soon, that will be the case this year. The birds are singing their Spring songs, but it's still very cold in the mornings and windy afternoons don't seem as warm as the 50s on the thermometer. Last week's floodwaters have subsided somewhat. We're high enough not to be affected, but had to "drive-arounds" to avoid high water on some roads we normally travel. Easter Sunday was bright and beautiful and we enjoyed having our Little Bits over for the afternoon.

The Monday artists at Hithergreen are selecting their artwork for the exhibition. The last series of lessons on contrasts is showing in their newer work. I can't wait to see it hanging at the center.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Regina said...

We have a fresh blanket of snow here in central Iowa. Only good I can see is that it slows down allergy season. :)
I'm studying your Exploring Color book (again) in preparation to teach next month if I get enough students. I have recommended your book over & over.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment, Regina. I hope your class went well.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home