l s

Friday, May 23, 2008

Forever Friends

The workshop in Sidney ended yesterday and my two Canadian friends picked me up at the fairgrounds just as class was ending. I couldn't believe ten years had passed since I last saw them. They haven't changed a bit. We've had such fun already, reminiscing about our life-enhancing trip to New Mexico in 1998. Over a ten-day period we went from the airport in Albuquerque, where we visited Olde Towne, to Santa Fe, Taos, and Abiquiu and many points in between. We visited galleries everywhere we could and even made a stop at the shrine at Chimayo. It was a once-in-a-lifetime trip for all of us, and this is our first reunion. We had all begun to think it wouldn't happen, then I was invited to teach the workshop in Sidney.
This morning we walked down to Qualicum Beach. This is an amazing place. You not only have the shore, you have mountains, islands and eagles soaring overhead. Then, to make things even more interesting, this evening the three of us went Chakra Dancing, which was a first for me. I was surprised to discover there is still some flexibility left in these old bones. It was a delightful day from start to finish.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CMC said...

Wow..sounds like so much fun. Pat and I did this with Karen back in 2001 I think. Never heard of Chakra Dancing, but sounds interesting and fun. Will have to look it up.
My legs are getting a workout here in Umbria.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're getting lots of ideas for new paintings in Umbria. I'll bet the colors are wonderful.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home