l s

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Busy June, a worry, and good news

I was looking forward to a break after the B.C. workshop, with nothing scheduled until July 21. An opportunity to apply for a grant came up, so I decided to give it a try. The deadline was June 16. Needless to say, it was a push to meet the deadline, but I made it. While working on the proposal I had a questionable mammogram, which led to a needle biopsy. That wasn't my idea of a good time, but turned out to be negative, thank goodness. I also had my final eye check, after two cataract surgeries this year, and came out 20/20 in both eyes. Still need driving glasses, though, because of astigmatism. No big deal. It's wonderful to have such clear vision now, especially for color. Our granddaughter 5 1/2 had her first dance recital June 16. That wasn't too cute--a chorus line singing and dancing to "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" with little outfits (not bikinis!), sun hats and sunglasses. I'm still baby-sitting our 10-month-old grandson, whose a sweetheart and a buster at the same time. He's napping as I write this. I'll write more later. Hope to get back on track now. My birthday was this week. I've hit the 3/4 century mark. How did I get so old? (I know, a year at a time). My brain seems to think it isn't 50 yet. My body has other ideas. Even so, I'm working out at Curves and signed up for a weight-loss program that has knocked off 6 pounds so far. Whatever works.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger CMC said...

Ahh..you are so right Nita. Every time I glance at a mirror in passing, I wonder "who is that old woman"? But, I'm tooling right along, just like you are.

Glad your biopsy turned out good.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birthdays are bad enough, but now we've had 53 wedding anniversaries. If you count the years we dated before marriage, it adds up to 60 years of hanging out with the same guy. I expect to be awarded sainthood some day.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home