l s

Saturday, June 28, 2008

A surprise outside my window

I was sipping my orange juice this morning when I noticed something blooming in my side garden that I hadn't seen before. Two tall, white spikes rose out of lush foliage and danced lightly in a gentle breeze. I remembered the foliage--it has come up every year since a friend gave me some from her garden. But the plant, called cimicifuga (or black cohosh or black snakeroot), has never bloomed for me. It might be the wet spring. A nice surprise. Such a graceful plant. There's a nice display of purple spiderwort on several plants near this one. I haven't been able to do any grooming of this little garden yet. I'm afraid in time it will be swallowed up by English ivy. I should move some of my treasures to a safer spot.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home