l s

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dollhouse delight


Our homemade dollhouse was a big hit. Jenna, of course, rearranged the furniture right away. She enjoyed the small Take Me Anywhere dolls, which are bendable and sit on the dollhouse furniture. It really is cute. My father made it out of scraps of plywood. The front exterior is the paneling from our old rec room. Each room has carpeting from our house at the time he built the dollhouse, which I'm guessing was around 1969-70. The wallpaper is contact paper that still lines some of my cabinet shelves and drawers. Nothing is made to scale, but it's a perfect size for a 6-year-old. The doors and windows are larger than the dolls and furniture, making it easy to move things around. Jenna named all the dolls and took two of them home to stay at her house. The other four stayed here and helped me rearrange the furniture this morning so I could take the photos. (My favorite is the gray-haired Grammy doll.) Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! This is lovely dollhouse!! My baby must love this!!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home