l s

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ghost of Christmas Past


Our daughter requested that my husband and I restore the dollhouse she had as a child to give to our granddaughter for Christmas. My father made it for my daughter when she was about six, the same age as Jenna. We had taken it apart and stored it in the attic for more than 30 years. It's the perfect size for Polly Pocket dolls. She has several of these and I found a new set that includes a gramma, a mommy and a little girl--very cute. Last weekend we assembled the house. Eventually, we determined which pieces to nail together to stabilize the exterior and what size nails to use. At first, when we drove a nail in one side, something popped out the other. Between the two of us, we finally worked it out. I still must clean the furniture; we had stored many pieces to furnish the five rooms. Oh, and I need to landscape the front.

Am I having fun, or what?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home