l s

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Little Artist's house


Here are Jenna's house drawings. I took quick pix after the birthday party yesterday and there was all kinds of reflected light coming from somewhere. They're on white paper. There's so much detail, but it doesn't show up in the small image. What tickled me was the rainbow lines around the house and all the creatures, wild and domestic: a dog, monkey on a tree, turtle, small tiger, skunk, elephant, giraffe, a bird on the fence. She included a bicycle, a car in a garage, and a wagon with a baby in it. Mommy is calling to the baby from the window in the roof at the back. Flowers next to the fence and along the driveway, which she says is gravel, like theirs, therefore gray. The sun is exactly on the reverse side of where the sun is in the front. I was out of the room for most of it, but I gave her a start with the schematic for the house, hill, and driveway on a separate sheet of paper. She made the rest of it up. Is that creative, or what?

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Flowers next to the fence and along the driveway, which she says is gravel, like theirs, therefore gray.

Sheron

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That elephant is a real beauty :-)

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Sara

http://paintingdrawing.net

10:51 AM  
Blogger Michelle Himes said...

Jenna's drawings are wonderful! I love that blue elephant. She has a great imagination.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Godfrey Coppinger said...

Thank you for including Jenna's artwork on your site. As an artist and a preschool teacher I have a great appreciation for children's art. They view the world with such a fresh eye. I once had a student do the most wonderful drawing and I said "Your mom will love putting that up." She responded by saying, Oh, no. My mommy only puts up nice things at our house." How sad!!!!!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home